Rules and Guidelines
Entries must be received via www.africanvolcano.com/competition
Prizes include a Thermomix TM31; Cape Wine Academy introductory course (for 2 persons); A 12 bottle mixed case of South African wines + 4 X 12 bottle combination packs of African Volcano peri peri sauces and marinades, as well as an e-book of the top 50 recipes.
The prize draw will include all entries submitted between 12.00pm on the 15.03.13 and 30.06.13 11.59am.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost via Internet malfunction.
Only one completed entry per person will be allowed.
Employees connected with this promotion from African Volcano, any employees of third party prize suppliers and promotional agencies and their families are excluded from taking part in this promotion.
African Volcano reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
African Volcano will not be responsible for the induction and training of using the Thermomix. This will be provided by Thermomix UK.
Prizes will be awarded on the final day of the competition. It is the responsibility of the winners to arrange transport for this.
Details of the Thermomix TM31 can be found on www.ukthermomix.com
The winner will be announced at the close of the cook off.
The prize must be accepted within 24 hours of the date of notification. In the event of non acceptance within the specified period the prize awarded will be re-allocated at the judges discretion..
The prizes are as stated, non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative or different option. The promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. Your statutory rights remain unaffected.
The judge’s decision is final. Any correspondence will only be entered into at the discretion of the promoter. By entering this promotion, you agree to take part in any publicity related to the competition and agree to the personal data you supply being used by African Volcano to administer the promotion and for market research purposes.
This promotion is governed by English law.
The promotion is open to people over the age of 18 and resident in the UK only.
This competition is promoted by African Volcano W3 7EU, London, United Kingdom.
Entrance to the competition is deemed acceptance of these rules.
Competition guidelines. African Volcano 2013.
Top TWO in each category invited to a cook off:
Best Vegetarian/ Vegan; Best Seafood/ shellfish; Best Meat; Best chicken; Best “other”
1. A maximum time of 2 ½ hours is allowed to produce the two submitted recipes to serve four adults from the recipes and working methods entered by the competitor.
2. Competitors should provide their own ingredients, knives, kitchen equipment and presentation plates.
3. Menus should be typed, and recipe and methods included in the presentation package including timings and costings.
4. The required content should be produced and presented to the judges prior to the commencement of the cook-off.
5. It is recognised that some items of mis en place may need to be brought in. Competitors may bring in such items as puff pastry/jus etc. but MUST however be able to demonstrate within the 2½ hours the making of the product and present the product with their presentation to the judges.
6. All competitors are required to use either the sauce or marinade, or a combination of both made by African Volcano.
7. No coaching of competitors from mentors is permitted although mentors are allowed to help their candidate set up and clear down.
8. During the set-up period no cooking is allowed and there will be a 20 minute break between set-up and the start of the competition to allow competitors to collect their thoughts and the judges to brief the competitors.
9. The judges will be looking at the following marking criteria:
(A) Flavour 25%
(B) Presentation 10%
(C) Innovation 20%
(D) Hygiene 10%
(E) Workmanship/confidence 5%
(F) Working method 10%
(G) Originality 10%
(H) Timing 10%
Points will be deducted for wastage.
10. By entering this competition all entrants agree that African Volcano reserves the right to use any material submitted, including but not limited to photographs, for any purpose connected with the competition.
11. Only judges and competitors are allowed to taste the competitor’s presentation products.
12. Evidence of age i.e. birth certificate/passport needs to be made available to the judges in the final to verify that the competitor is aged 18 years or over.
13. Health & Safety and Hygiene Procedures must be adhered to during the competition.
14. The judge’s decision is final.